Friday, June 24, 2016

Preview of New Products (part 5)


Probably one of the more ambitious projects I've been working on is developing 3D miniatures for the Solar Echoes game. For those of you that have played the game and have been frustrated that the stand-up paper icons sometimes blow over or get easily toppled by stray dice, this may be an even better alternative. And of course, for hobbyists, there's the opportunity to have and paint an awesome 3D sculpture of your favorite Solar Echoes character! I've been working with artist Jeremy Gosser on bringing two Solar Echoes characters to life, and he is nearing completion of digital, 3D sculpts. The next step will be to find a high-quality 3D resin printer that can print them with all the detail he has put into them, but in the meantime, I plan to use my own 3D Flashforge printer (a very generous gift from a friend and investor) to produce some prototypes for use at conventions. Someday, I hope to make a line of figures available, but though I'm moving past the early stages into reality now, I may need to look to crowdfunding to make this all possible. Again, if you're interested, let me know—your interest can help launch this project into something bigger and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment