Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Return from Chessiecon


I'm back from last weekend's Chessiecon, and though the event was a little smaller than I remember from a couple years ago (where my table was full with players from 10am until 1am!) I still was able to run a few games, the biggest game going for a 7 hour marathon! I saw a couple familiar faces and a number of new players as well, some which jumped in for a couple hours and then were joined by others who wanted to try the game. As a result, the team fluctuated a little with characters changing (added a Chiraktis to the group, later lost a Krissethi, and then another Archaeloid joined), but the game still ran well and it was awesome trying out the new Broken Citadel mission. I was impressed with how the players handled the scenario, and they all worked together really well...but one of the Archaeloids on the team did make some questionable choices for a Union Guard officer (on the side of the law) that affected his character's “karma” negatively. It was all good, though, because everyone adjusted and there were a lot of laughs and tons of fun. One of my favorite moments in the mission was seeing how the group handled the crossing of an acidic lake, hopping from one island of crystallized magnesium sulfate to another while trying not to step in or fall into the acidic waters!


No comments:

Post a Comment