Friday, November 3, 2017

Game Replay Value (part 5)


I'm glad that there are so many types of games out there to enjoy, and I often do play through linear-experience-type games, once. But when it really comes down to it, I like to feel that my skills are improving at something, too, or that I can be creative and play the game in a wide variety of ways. The types of games that inspire and reward me the most for the time I invest are the games I've sunk many hours into (Starcraft, Chess, Destiny, Overwatch, Diablo, Eye of Judgement, etc). Of course, developers take a risk when pursuing this type of game, because if the right balance isn't achieved, gamers might decide it's either too easy or too difficult. However, the rewards to both players and developers can also be immense, because this type of game is the most likely type to be a massive success for a long time. Just look at Blizzard's Starcraft, a world-wide hit for twenty years!




No comments:

Post a Comment