Tuesday, October 1, 2019

VN Architecture (part 1)


I officially finished writing the story for the Star Legation visual novel! Last week, late Monday night, I finished the epilogues for each of the final endings you can earn, if you survive to the end of the game. For a while, I’ve been mistakenly referring to the best ending possible as the “True Ending,” a term I’ve heard used for VN’s a lot. However, when I looked into it, I realized that True Ending means something entirely different. The True Ending is reserved for a type of VN that requires you to go through each route of the game, unlocking new information with each route, and you can only achieve the True Ending once you’ve gone through all the other routes. This is also considered to be the platonic, no-romance ending of a VN. There is a best ending in the Star Legation visual novel, but it won't require multiple playthroughs to earn—you can achieve it the first time through, if you make the right choices. There isn't one single path to the best ending, but there are a lot of divergent paths that will prevent you from earning it if you aren't careful...

No comments:

Post a Comment