Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Video Game Completionism (part 2)


It's not the 1980's anymore, where kids alone were the primary audience for gaming and home consoles. Yet today, kids still fuel a large portion of the gaming industry. I remember my early teenage days when I used to save up for months to be able to afford a new game, and once I bought it, I'd play it for months before I could afford a new one again. I would play that game all the way through, unlock everything possible, and still play it even after I'd done everything that could be done with it. Today, however, my gaming habits have changed a lot. I buy a new game several times a month, I'll play it for a few hours a week, but often move on to something new after a few weeks unless it's something really special. It's rare that I stick with a game to the end, but once in a while I will finish it. Still, though, even if that happens, I usually don't bother with unlocking every other possible detail in the game. I'm not alone in this, and there are many contributing factors. Before examining the repercussions upon the gaming industry for this trend among gamers, let's first examine why it's happening with gamers like me...

No comments:

Post a Comment