Friday, October 11, 2019

Visual Novel Update:


This last week I have been busy preparing the character art (called sprites) for the visual novel. During the game, when each character speaks, they will have some kind of facial animation that corresponds with what they are saying. Although it's not as good as live animation, this is how the majority of visual novels are presented, and it adds a more immersive quality to the dialogue in the game. Typically, most developers have around 6 to 12 expressions possible for each character, and they pay an artist for each separate expression. I worked with my artist, John Fell, to go far beyond that for the characters in the Star Legation. If you're interested in some insider details about how I did this, as well as some more detailed updates on the game, please subscribe to my monthly mailing list here:

No comments:

Post a Comment