Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Video Comic Progress (part 2)


The gelatinous, amoeba-like Omul characters in Solar Echoes use telepathy to speak. I've always imagined their “voices” to sound like reverberating echoes in a large hall, so I'm planning to add some reverb to the Omul voice part. The Omul character was chosen by Solar Echoes artist John Fell, who was very excited to participate in this project. I can't wait to hear his version of the Omul, and though I plan to add reverb to his voice, it'll still be him. It's going to be kind of weird hearing him speak for the first time after the last few years of commissioning and communicating with him through email, and even weirder that I'm probably going to remember him as an Omul from now on! I still haven't settled on how I'm going to make my Chiraktis character sound, though, and I'm playing around with layering other sounds against my voice track. The trick is making sure it's all still clear so you can hear it despite the effects. If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment