Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Operation: Void Hunter (at Balticon 51)


I don't always have the opportunity to playtest the missions I'm writing, but this weekend at Balticon will give me that opportunity. Plus, I'm excited to give gamers at Balticon the chance to be the very first players of something that hasn't yet been released to the public. Sometimes, events transpire during a new mission with players that I need to improvise around, and I often take those improvisations and add them into the product before its final release. One of the things I always try to keep in mind with missions is that they are merely a framework for a story—the non-player characters (NPC's) are essentially actors to help move the plot along in a general, but the players themselves will ultimately be driving the story through their characters. One of the things I like about Solar Echoes is that mission objectives given at the beginning usually keep players on a general plot line, though how they achieve those objectives is always unique and exciting. I can't wait to see what players will do this weekend in Operation: Void Hunter!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment