Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Process of Designing New Artwork


As I usually do when I work with artists, I try to provide images of some things I have in mind. I went online and did a search for “Bo-stick vs. Katana,” and I found a few youtube videos of martial artists engaging in fights with these two weapons. Then, I paused at a few cool moments and took screen-shots of the image. Here is an example of an image I liked (one of the eight images I sent to John). I've also taken some of the original Solar Echoes artwork by Jay Darnell and made a few sloppy alterations with photoshop so I could make the Omul look like he was wielding a katana. Of course, the final poses drawn by John Fell will be different than these, but this is almost like a “story-board” piece of preliminary concept art to help visualize a few things. I can't wait to see these two in battle, and I'm excited to see what John does with the poses. Making an Omul look like an agile ninja-type warrior with a katana is going to be a challenge, but it's going to be really cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment