Friday, January 31, 2020

Upcoming Promo Video (part 5)


Putting all this together was an interesting task, because it's hard to really decide on what needs to be first. For me, having the narrative in mind helped structure the scenes I needed to show, but once I had those scenes put together, the narrative voice-over needed to be timed with those scenes. I adjusted the pacing and length of the scenes, but didn't want to prolong any part of it because of the narrative subject, so therefore needed to create more video scenes to keep the pacing of the cuts consistent. On top of this, I added in camera movement, using slow zooms and pans, and that synced well with the music, but I also needed to time certain parts of the music (while composing it) to fit with what I'd put together with the video and narrative. It's all very convoluted, but it came together nicely and I'm happy with the final version. To top it all off, I also created a short intro with the logo for my company, Corefun Studios, and added some sound that I matched to the animation. I'm very excited to share it with you, and if you don't want to wait to see it when the Kickstarter begins, sign up for the monthly insider updates at the link below—I'll be sharing the unlisted Youtube link with my insiders as soon as the video is finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment