Thursday, January 30, 2020

Upcoming Promo Video (part 4)


Sound design for the video was very important, and it needed to include the voiced narrative, appropriate background music, and even a few sound effects to highlight some of the moments. An explosion, the hum of a cyberweapon, and the sound of loud metal clanking were a few of the sound effects I inserted under the soundtrack and narrative. The musical soundtrack itself needed to feel like scifi music, but I also wanted it to convey a sense of urgency and excitement. Using a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), I composed a very upbeat, exciting piece of music that sounded like something you might dance to at a rave. I used an assortment of synthesized sounds that evoked a scifi atmosphere, and assembled everything with multiple layers. I then had to time some of the pulses to what was happening in the video (and vice versa) for emphasis. Finally, I had to adjust the volume levels of all these parts, making sure the music didn't drown out the narrative and the sound effects could still be heard over the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment