Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Star Wars Fatigue (part 3)


George Lucas's prequel trilogy wasn't my favorite, but it did at least give us some clarity on how Darth Vader became the villain that he was. I think it could have been done better, but that's a topic for another day—the point is that it did achieve the goal of filling in that gap of Star Wars history and explaining why everything was the way it was in the original trilogy. If we're following a timeline after the first trilogy, we have 2 more pre-history movies before the original trilogy (episodes IV-VI), and those are (in opposite order of release) Solo and Rogue One. These two prehistory movies are my favorite Star Wars movies of the last three decades, and I'd really like to see more done this way. However, they are stand-alone for the most part so we don't see many of those characters returning, though their bonds are better established than I've seen across a recent trilogy. The bond between characters is what I think made the original trilogy the best. Then came Disney's “The Force Awakens”...

No comments:

Post a Comment