Monday, February 3, 2020

Social or Antisocial Tech? (part 1)


Is technology making us anti-social? This question is being asked more and more lately, and researchers have been saying yes, it does. Yet in my experience, I believe the opposite is true, and I don't think my life is that different from yours. Researchers assert that with portable computers and smartphones, we are connecting more often with people in the virtual world, but we communicate much less with people in the real world. I won't argue that there are definitely some people that have an actual problem and are too invested in their devices, neglecting real-world relationships to a degree that is unhealthy. But there will always be outliers in every situation—those examples are certainly not something to panic over. As social communication through technology has advanced over the years, I've actually found it to enhance my relationships with people in the real world, rather than hurt them...

No comments:

Post a Comment