Monday, February 24, 2020

Storytelling (part 1)


How are we consuming stories these days? Reading a good book used to be the only way to experience a great story, but that has changed. Books are still as popular as ever, but we now have other forms of entertainment through which we can experience an amazing story. Successful movies, TV Series, and video games usually involved well-developed stories, and though not all cases of success in those mediums involved a solid story, it is likely that you were most impacted by those that did. Storytelling has taken on many forms, yes, but whatever the method of delivery, a good story will stay with you and create a mental landmark in your life. I still remember where I was in life when finishing my favorite books, who I talked excitedly with after watching my favorite movies, and how I stared at the screen in shock during a major plot twist in a video game I played. Good stories generate an experience that lives with us, almost as if we had been there, experiencing it ourselves. But what type of method do you prefer to experience stories through? Is it a book, a movie, a TV show, or a video game?

No comments:

Post a Comment