Monday, January 21, 2019

The Trials of VN Game Development (part 1)


Things are progressing with the visual novel video game based on Solar Echoes! I'm not willing to reveal the title of the game yet, but for reference, let's call it Project 7 (Solar Echoes Visual Novel=SEVN, and there are 7 alien races in the game, so...yeah.) I've been learning a lot during this process, and have been taking on different roles to keep this project moving forward, as well as working with several different artists, including a character artist, a starship artist, a background artist, and a CG artist (for special scenes in the game.) I'm still busy writing the script, which is a branching-choice adventure that is so far the length of a full novel...and I'm more than ¾ of the way finished! I've been running lots of trials with my visual novel software, trying out different approaches, customizing some graphical assets, and doing trial runs with some of the scenes using background art and character sprites. Things are a lot further along than they were a few months ago, but there is still a very long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment