Tuesday, January 8, 2019

ISU News Report: Robots and You (part 2)


From a correctional officer working at an undisclosed prison, it seems that robots are significantly helping to improve the workplace. Just listen to his testimony:

“I've worked as a guard for over 10 cycles, and I can't count how many times the PXS-9 made my job easier. It was always monitoring prisoner activity, and it sensed threats long before they happened, detecting any unusual patterns in prisoner heart rate, perspiration, or adrenaline. It also detected abnormal behavioral patterns, which helped the correctional staff prevent fights, arson, and even suicide attempts. The PXS-9 even had counseling programs that I saw it use a number of times to talk irrate prisoners down or help them work through their problems. One prisoner even told me that the PXS-9 helped him establish a value system and sense of self-worth. I can't imagine working the prisons without at least one of these bots around.”

No comments:

Post a Comment