Thursday, January 31, 2019

A Week in the Wasteland (part 4)


I'd leveled up a few times and gained more of my SPECIAL attributes (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck.) You get to pick two attribute tokens, and then turn them over to find out what you got. If one of them is a duplicate of an attribute you already have, you can turn it in for a perk related to that attribute. Perk cards can only be used once. I used one of my perks (called trader) to instantly access a store when in town. I sold a few things to open up my inventory, then bought a load lifter robot that gave me extra strength and inventory space. The super mutant was now right on my tail, in an adjacent area. Thankfully, this one didn't have a ranged weapon, so I took three shots at him with my newly purchased sniper rifle, using my 2 reroll attempts because of my perception and agility scores (the sniper rifle needs those, and you get a free reroll for each of the associated attributes you have). I had to roll three hits on his head to bring him down. Even with my two rerolls, I only got two hits! But, because he wasn't yet in the same region as I was, he couldn't attack me with melee. The super mutant was level 3, which means he would inflict 3x the normal damage, easily killing me in one hit. I used the rest of my actions that round to move to a nearby city. Thankfully, super mutants won't enter cities!


No comments:

Post a Comment