Thursday, January 10, 2019

ISU News Report: Robots and You (part 4)


Not everyone, however, is excited about the advances in robotics. Several readers sent us their objections, such as this vocational school teacher:

“The curriculum is becoming increasingly redundant, and courses involving basic life skills are being replaced by courses in robotic maintenance, AI management, or cluster convergence...whatever that is! The students are constantly being seduced by tech reps that sell them on dreams of 2 year robotic maintenance certificates instead of actual degrees, promising annual pay that's more than I make in 4 cycles!”

From another perspective, concerned parents are expressing their disdain for the advances in robotics as well:

“These things were supposed to make my life easier, but all they did was free up so much time that our employers are starting to demand more hours from us every week! I'd rather have more time at home, even if it means doing some of the cooking and cleaning. Now I feel like the robots are running my home for me while I make money to keep them maintained; I get home late from work, go to sleep, and then have to head back early the next morning! Life used to be easier than this!”

No comments:

Post a Comment