Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Week in the Wasteland (part 3)


A few other notable moments on my journey: I discovered a corpse in the wasteland and found a faded photo and a note, referencing a family to the east. I headed to an eastern town and found the lady in the photo. I chose to tell her what I'd found, and she tearfully thanked me for finding her brother, now that she knew his fate. I was given a small reward, which I used to purchase some metal armor and I immediately equipped it. Later, after successfully fending off a bloat fly and mole rat, I found an abandoned building and explorerd it to find my first gun: a laser rifle! Now, I could shoot an enemy in an adjacent area, but unless they had a gun, they couldn't fight back. I also met another wastelander who was looting the building. I failed at my roll to help her loot, though, so after following her, she ran up to me excitedly to show me what she'd just found--a glowing canteen, the fool! I suffered my first rad damage, which shortened my hit point bar as rads filled up a little. All the while, that super mutant was closing in, so I had to backtrack and move through rocky terrain that slowed me. At one point while exploring some ruins, I found the symbol of the bird pendant that sad girl had given me when I reported her brother was dead. Unfortunately, I failed my roll and though I got some loot, I peeked at what would have happened if I'd rolled well.....I could have found a mini-gun instead! Argh!


No comments:

Post a Comment