Thursday, March 1, 2018

Update on Solar Echoes Video Comic (part 4)


Another thing that I've done with the backgrounds is I've used some effects from Photoshop to make them look more like art than like photos. At first, I went for the photo-realistic look, adding the anime-style character art over the top of it. After sharing this with a number of people for their opinions, they liked my altered backgrounds better than the photo-realistic versions, because everyone felt that it made the characters “pop” more and at the same time felt there wasn't as much of an artistic contrast. As a result, I've been taking my photorealistic backgrounds and shading them into a more painted look, which has honestly helped me a lot because I don't have to go into every little detail now to blend it and make it look realistic—the effect washes that out a little. I've been able to layer different photos and my own artwork better by bringing everything into a more digitally-painted, rougher look. The scenes have been turning out great, and I'm very excited to start putting the audio and character art on top of the backgrounds, synchronizing it all to tell this fun little action story. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment