Thursday, March 29, 2018

Video Comic update (part 3)


Although I don't have animated, talking mouths, I do have expressions change for talking versus shouting, for instance. One of the more time-consuming aspects to all this is the process of making each frame, because if one character is talking and then stops, I have to have just the mouth change. This requires me to paste over the previous image with a new one, but I have to size it perfectly so that the only thing that moves between frames is the mouth itself. Once in a while there's a little jitter because I didn't get the resize perfectly, but for the most part, I'd say I got around 99% of them. Another difficulty involves a couple characters that have non-symmetrical features. The reason this is a problem is because sometimes I flip the image to face the opposite direction, and a left facial tattoo ends up mirrored on the right side—it looks like, even though the character is still facing you, the tattoo flipped from one side of the face to the other. I recently caught this and am doing a bunch of frames over. The main character, Zack, has an earbud com unit that is kind of like a cyber-eye as well. I've allowed this to happen on both sides when he talks, but for other characters, I'm trying to have some symmetry. Altogether, this makes for an arduous process when constructing each frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment