Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Preserving IP (part 2)


One thing that I have as a standard for Solar Echoes is that it stays out of religion and politics. I want Solar Echoes to be a game where all kinds of people with different views feel that they can put their views aside, sit down together, and have fun playing a game in an imaginary universe. I also want Solar Echoes to be the kind of game that most parents are comfortable with their kids playing. I designed the game for all ages, and it's incredible to see 8-year old kids, college aged, the middle-aged, and the elderly all sitting around a table together playing their characters and having a great time together. I've witnessed this very thing many times at numerous conventions. I keep profanity out of all Solar Echoes products and advertising, and I don't push any social agendas through the game. I want parents to be comfortable with their kids playing Solar Echoes--so as long as they are ok with a game that involves guns, they have little to worry about. The game is even set up so as not to award killing (no experience points are given for killing), but to award players for accomplishing specific mission goals. Not to mention that players are on the side of the law as Union Guard agents, trying to preserve the peace and stop criminals. Considering all this, I sometimes run into situations with people that have a different vision for what they want to do with Solar Echoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment