Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Preserving IP (part 3)


I'm fine with people playing Solar Echoes however they want to, and the game is designed to encourage that, with rules to cover just about anything you can think of if you want to have a “crunchy,” rules-heavy game experience, or if you just want to use the basic rules and not worry about things like the material hardness of a steel door. Play-style is also open-ended in that players can choose to bring religion, politics, and even R-rated material into it if that's what their GM and gaming group want to do. But when it comes to advertising and product design, I do have to be more particular. In the past, I have had interest from some that wanted to write missions for Solar Echoes. I always welcome mission-writers, but they do have to sign a contract and in that contract it's of course stated that I have the right to edit or even outright reject submissions. If the content doesn't fit with the vision I have for the Solar Echoes game, then I'll talk with the author and see if we can come to an agreement and make adjustments. I'm not trying to be a “control freak,” but I am trying to protect the Solar Echoes IP, and to maintain the basic standards I've set for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment