Thursday, February 16, 2017

Dreamation Convention this weekend, and new battlemap!

I'm heading out to another convention tomorrow, and this is one I've never attended before, called the Dreamation convention in Morristown, NJ. I have scheduled to run 4 Solar Echoes demo's, 4 hours each, so it should be a lot of fun with lots of new role-playing gamers! One of the things I did this week is work on preparing a few maps for some of the environments the missions take place in. An example is from the Seeds of Chaos mission, where the players need to stop some hackers hiding out in an elementary school room during the summer. It was struggling to make the map interesting until I decided to try to use lighting and shadows. The final result is pretty cool, and it definitely sets up the foreboding atmosphere of a gang of dangerous hackers huddling around a computer. I can't wait to see how players handle this situation tactically!

No comments:

Post a Comment