Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Solar Echoes and Conventions (part 3)


I would like to return to running a vendor table at some point because of the increasing number of products that may be available, and if Solar Echoes goes to Gen Con someday, I think it will be necessary. I learned one valuable lesson from my own daughter, who attended a convention with me and wandered around to spend her money in the vendor area. She later told me that she thought I needed to have a wider range in prices, with some smaller-priced items available in addition to the rule-books I was selling. In addition to this, I think capturing the attention of customers is very important at a huge con like Gen Con. I remember at one con last year a lady visited my table simply because she said my hat caught her attention (I was cosplaying as the human on the front cover of the Player's Guide.) Something like a costume or a big back-drop with posters is a good way to capture the eye of potential customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment