Monday, September 2, 2019

Tokyo Chronos VR Review (part 1)


I recently downloaded a new game for VR called Tokyo Chronos. This game is the one of the first of its kind--it's a visual novel in VR! As a visual novel writer and developer myself, I was very excited to see this genre of game enter virtual reality. This week, I'll share my impressions and opinions about Tokyo Chronos, which is a monumental step for visual novels. Although I am nowhere near finishing the game yet, I think that the 5 chapters I have played so far are enough for me to give a fair analysis. I'll focus on the game itself and not the story, to avoid spoilers. A few things really excited and impressed me, and other instances felt like opportunities lost. Is VR a good fit for visual novels? I think it is, and Tokyo Chronos is a step in the right direction for the genre. 


No comments:

Post a Comment