Thursday, September 5, 2019

Tokyo Chronos VR Review (part 4)


During the game, there were some instances where I found myself placed in unusual locations that I didn't expect, and this created more immersion for me. For instance, at one scene change I was suddenly sitting inside a car talking to someone else in the driver's seat. I liked that the game framed the scene by positioning me at the best angle to observe the events. Moments of action were highlighted in typical VN fashion with the presentation of a static art image (known as a CG.) These were often displayed as smaller, flat panel art, framed almost as if they were taken right out of a comic book. This approach enhanced the feeling of being inside a manga/anime world, and it was a nice touch. The audio of the game was well put together, with a subtle soundtrack that enhanced the mood, sometimes crescendoing to enhance the tension or dropping out altogether to let silence weigh on my nerves. Sound effects weren't distracting or overused, but served to augment each appropriate moment. The overall presentation was very fitting for an anime setting with a dark undertone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment