Monday, September 9, 2019

GMing and VN Writing (part 1)


I’ve played table-top role-playing games for most of my life, and I usually prefer to play as the Game Master (GM). For those of you who are unfamiliar, the GM is responsible for narrating the story, acting out the various characters the players will meet, and enforcing the rules of the game. I’ll admit, I’m not a rules encyclopedia like some other GM’s are, but I make sure the game is fair and I focus on keeping the game more story and character focused. Combat is often a part of RPG’s, and because I love strategy games, I definitely like to mix tactical battles in where they fit naturally within the story. One of the most important abilities a keep needs to possess is the ability to creatively improvise when players decide to do something unexpected. The experience and skills that come from GMing role playing games can really help in other jobs, especially in video-game development!

No comments:

Post a Comment