Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Combining the Elements for a VN Game (part 2)


As I've tried to visualize the entire plot of the visual novel, some details and instances don't reveal themselves until I'm writing a particular scene. This has opened up the need for a few extra background scenes, so I'm glad that I'm more than half-way finished with the script, now that I've started talking with background artists about what I need. I still worry about the unfinished scenes, though, and what I might end up needing. As I write the script, I try to design the plot progression to follow the larger framework for the story that I've envisioned, but different circumstances sometimes result in different needs for background art. In one instance, one of the logical choice options I wrote actually results in you having a different experience in a different location. This of course requires extra background art. So, the remaining 35% of the game I have yet to write carries with it the possibility of requiring a few extra background scenes. Of course, I could save some money for the background art by rewriting that story path, but I really think it will enhance the game to have it there. This also adds to replay value!

No comments:

Post a Comment