Thursday, July 5, 2018

Solar Echoes Visual Novel? (part 4/6)


Another reason I'm seriously considering working on a visual novel for Solar Echoes is because I already have a lot of “graphical assets” from my work on the video comic. Artist John Fell did a lot of great work for me, making each of the aliens come to life with different expressions. I have already talked with him about my visual novel idea, and he's excited to work with me on it. I know that I'm going to need a few more graphical assets designed for use in the project, but I feel with my current “repertoire” of assets, I can already put together something decent. I'll be aiming for better than decent, though, so it's going to involve several months of artistic work on John's part to create what I'll need. I'm also exploring options regarding background art. As you'll see in a lot of visual novels, static background art is a big part of setting up a scene, so I'm looking into having locations designed instead of using the old method I tried for the video comic. My video comic backgrounds did the job, and I spent lots of time in Photoshop making them, but I'd like to have actual artwork that matched the feel of the characters for my visual novel project. John is considering it, though his specialty is character design. We'll be toying around with ideas, and will see where to go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment