Monday, July 23, 2018

Random week of updates and other stuff...


This week will be a bit random with my postings, but I'll be back to normal next week with consistent topics. Today, I'm just going to mention something I've been doing regarding the progress of the Solar Echoes Visual Novel game. One thing I found essential was the ability to communicate my ideas to the others working with me on the project, and a flow-chart or “mindmap,” as some call them, was needed. I tried out different free programs, one which was called Freemind. It wasn't quite what I was looking for because it didn't allow cross-linking. I settled on the Draw program available through the free OpenOffice.org word processing software, and it's really easy to use. See the attached example I just threw together in 5 minutes. For a complex, choose-your-own-adventure visual novel like I'm planning, it was important to be able to provide visual representation of this for others, and for myself! You should have seen the crazy thing I had diagrammed on my giant dry-erase board at home. I could read it, but others had trouble reading it from the photos I sent them. This draw program will do just fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment