Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Random week of updates and other stuff...


Ok, so I guess this topic isn't random since it's still concerning the visual novel game, but I've been “auditioning” artists all weekend and for the last couple days. I posted an ad in a forum on the deviantart.com website, where lots of talented artists display their work. I've had an overwhelming response, despite my requirements (such as I won't work with anyone outside the U.S. because of payment and legal issues.) There are a lot of really talented artists that are interested, but I've had to turn some of them down because either they weren't in the U.S., or their art just wasn't the right fit for John Fell's character art that I'm using. I've been taking a sample of their online art and then have pasted one of John's characters over it to get a good representation of whether or not it's a good blend. What I'd originally thought would work well (cel-shaded art) doesn't entirely fit with John's style, which is a bit of anime blended with realism. I'm still trying out different artists and am waiting to hear back from a few I've notified of my interest. It has been hard to select some artists because they don't have any art of the sort of thing I'm looking for, but I can still see potential there. Price is also a factor, as I have a limited budget for this project...though I am considering Kickstarter. If I did a Kickstarter campaign, do any of you think you'd be interested enough in the game to support it?

No comments:

Post a Comment