Friday, July 6, 2018

Shoreleave Convention Saturday! (here's part 6 of Visual Novel topic)

I intended to post this tomorrow, but I'll be at the Shoreleave Convention running Solar Echoes demo's all day! So, here's the conclusion of this week's Visual Novel topic:

Solar Echoes Visual Novel? (part 6/6)
So, there you have it, the beginnings of a framework for a potential Solar Echoes video game: a visual novel! I expect it will be many months to a year before it is complete, but I'm starting to put the pieces in place already. Once the program is finished, I'll be exporting it so it will be playable on PC's and iOS devices, and I plan to put it up on Steam for a small price. After that, I'm hoping to get a development kit from Sony so I can possibly port it over to PSVita and maybe PS4, making it available on their PSN store. I may need to work with a few people to make that possible, because I'm not certain I have the technical savvy to do it myself, but that's something I'll worry about once I have things completed with all the bugs worked out. I have a lot of plans for this adventure, and if I can figure out how to do some of the things I'm planning, this will involve a bit more than just branching story paths. We'll see, though—I have a lot of learning to do with this software and the script it uses. Let me know what you think of all this, and if it's something you'd be interested in!

No comments:

Post a Comment