Monday, July 2, 2018

Solar Echoes Visual Novel? (part 1/6)


Some big news! I'm considering making a Solar Echoes Visual Novel! I absolutely love writing stories, and I've already written a full novel based on Solar Echoes (unpublished), but I really like the idea of putting a Solar Echoes story into a video game. I honestly wasn't that familiar with visual novels until recently. I have run across them in online game stores, but have never tried them because I assumed it was just clicking through pages of text with some background visuals and character art. Though that isn't far from the truth, I recently began to realize that not only are visual novels becoming more and more popular across all devices (PC's, consoles, tablets, and smartphones), they aren't that different from what I did last spring with the YouTube Solar Echoes Video Comic. Considering that I now have experience in putting something like that together and I already have a lot of the graphical assets I'd need, the next logical step for me was to consider making a Solar Echoes Visual Novel. I've always wanted Solar Echoes to be made into a video game, but because my vision for that game would involve huge costs and a very large production team with lots of experience in the industry, I need to take smaller steps at the moment and approach things that I can do. So, this last weekend, I've been exploring what it might take to put together a visual novel and make it available to you through Steam, and possibly Sony's Playstation Network store.

No comments:

Post a Comment