Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Preparing a Heist (part 2)


When I began designing this mission, the first thing I realized was how vital it was for me to have a clear idea of the bank layout. Rather than try to write from a visualization, I immediately began to work on a map of the bank. This was no easy task, as it was difficult to get much detail online about actual bank floor plans (I wonder why? ;) I managed to find some information, and after a lot of investigating, I came up with a floor plan for a bank that felt realistic and practical. Each area had a specific function, and the design also enhanced the opportunities the players would have for sneaking around during the heist. In the mission itself, there will be a smaller, single page map of the entire bank for reference, and four separate, full page quarters of the bank for printing and immediate battle-map use.

No comments:

Post a Comment