Friday, August 10, 2018

Working with an Artist (part 5)


After the artwork is finished and paid for, keep in mind that your relationship with the artist you hired is symbiotic. Once the art is finished, even though the contract is fulfilled and payment was received, there is a now a responsibility to advertise the artist along with your use of his/her art. As you may have noticed this week, I've mentioned artist John Fell a few times, because not only do I love his artwork, he is great to work with. I want to show my thanks to him every time I use his artwork in one of my products, or use it in promotions such as the youtube “Solar Echoes Video Comic” or the “Comic Shorts” featuring his artwork. Depending on your contract, artists may also want to display the work they've done for you in their portfolios and online accounts like deviantart, which helps to advertise you as well. Artists are trying to get their names out there as much as you might be with your own business, so make sure to advertise them and use their artwork at every opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment