Friday, August 24, 2018

Visual Novel Progress (part 5)


Sometimes it helps to get perspective and get away from the computer screen. Even though I have everything sorted out in my head and I was able to write an entire scene in a vertical word-processor, I decided to check all the branching paths away from the computer. So, I printed out the 16 pages for that scene, taped them up on my dry-erase board, and then drew lines for each of the choices to their appropriate tags. I followed each one through to make sure that the story and dialogue still flowed well, which was especially important considering that some of the options occur as a result of whether you choose to bring along a certain someone, or not. After tracing each option through, it was great to see that I really did have everything sorted correctly in my head, but it never hurts to double and triple check before entering everything into the program!


No comments:

Post a Comment