Friday, August 23, 2019

No Man’s Sky VR (part 5)


I followed a strange signal to a nearby planet and landed. Thankfully, no acid rain on this world, but...the temperatures were rather extreme. I needed to get out of the heat or my suit protection would fully drain and I'd cook inside it. After sorting through a few things in my inventory, my suit's system instructed me to build a shelter. On my left wrist I clicked through the holographic icons and discovered I could build things! I just needed a few raw materials, which I ran around collecting before hopping back into the safety of my starship to avoid the extreme heat and wait for my suit protection to recharge. Then, I jumped back out and got to work building floors, walls, and a roof for my little habitat. As soon as it was completed and I ducked inside, I was out of danger and the extreme temperatures were no longer a threat. I noticed there were many more options for building that I'd like to try out, and I'm already thinking about tunneling under my little house to make a large basement with an extensive network of tunnels so I can easily move around on the planet without worrying about the heat. I look forward to building some of the vehicles I noticed were possible, such as little land rovers and hover vehicles. The developer, Hello Games, has added tons of new content since the initial release 3 years ago, and the game keeps you going by prompting you with goals. Not to mention, this was incredibly fun to play! I think VR made a huge difference for me, too—I felt like I was playing an immersive, scifi version of minecraft, but with lots of goals beyond those I created for myself, too! I'm looking forward to exploring some more!


No comments:

Post a Comment