Tuesday, August 20, 2019

No Man’s Sky VR (part 2)


I do occasionally return to play old games, but often, I quickly remember why I abandoned them. I had heard over the years that Hello Games was extremely attentive to the complaints of gamers who felt they’d been let down, and I even tried one of their earlier patches to see if much had changed. Maybe it just wasn’t developed enough yet, or maybe I should have started the game over instead of using my past save, but I was really ready to fully abandon it until I decided to give it one more try, last Friday night, using the new VR patch. What a difference! I started a new game from the beginning, and found myself in a spacesuit standing on an alien planet. I immediately adjusted the VR settings so I could have smooth movement instead of teleportation (I got my VR legs last year and have been fine ever since) and then I started exploring. Odd plant life, strange minerals, and weird little scurrying creatures were all around me, part of the rolling landscape that I traversed. Then my spacesuit’s system alerted me that my environmental protection was depleting, due to acidic rain! I had to run and find shelter, the nearest being a small crevasse in the ground that opened up into a dark cavern…


No comments:

Post a Comment