Friday, June 14, 2019

Star Legation: Alien Languages (part 5)


The challenge in writing a story that involves other languages is doing it in a way that doesn't impede the flow of the story, but instead adds to it. I'm hoping that I've managed that, but there is always the risk of being too realistic to a fault in scifi. Although the Solar Echoes universe and The Star Legation fall into the ”space opera” genre distinction, I do try to keep things based in reality. I wondered a lot about our own world history when writing the story for The Star Legation, and did some reading about people entering foreign countries in attempts to establish peaceful trade relationship between the two countries. Communication is so crucial during delicate foreign relations, and I hope there are at least some moments in the game where you will be nervous about the conversation choices that are available. I'm still working on the script but my goal is to complete it in the next few weeks. I'm spending a lot of time running the dialogue through the game environment to make sure it feels right. Hopefully the story will engage you and you'll enjoy the many choices you'll have throughout this choose-your-own-adventure style visual novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment