Friday, June 7, 2019

Blood and Truth VR Review (part 2/2)


There is a lot of VR interactive variety in @LondonStudioHQ's Blood and Truth, in addition to all the gun fights. Many times I arrived at a locked door and had to get out my lock picks and move them just right to set the pins. Other times I opened my trusty kit to use a screwdriver, small shape charge, and wire cutters to bypass an alarm. I had to climb hand over hand up ladders, through air conditioning ductwork, or even swing monkey-bar style in a few situations. At my safehouse, I could manually modify my weapons and practice in my own shooting gallery, throw wadded up paper balls in a basket, practice lockpicking, or light and smoke a cigar (or vape, if that's your thing). There are also collectibles throughout the game, and secret targets to shoot. Some scenes had me riding shotgun in a car, and I shot at attackers on motorcycles or thugs driving by in SUV's. My only complaint is that it is hard to look down the scope of larger guns—I think a snap-to-position feature might have been nice because sometimes the gun clipped when too close to my face. Some people have complained about the lack of freedom of movement being confined to certain cover choices, but I felt it kept the game more focused on staying to cover and it kept the pace moving along. Blood and Truth really mixes things up and gave me a huge variety of things to do in VR, more than I can list here. It all feels incredibly real, so much that I can't wait to jump back into that world as soon as I can. Great graphics, sound, and amazing gameplay. 5/5!



No comments:

Post a Comment