Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Everybody's Golf VR Review


One thing I really like about Everybody's Golf VR is that I can use the Move controller like a golf club. My swing, angle, and force are all accurately judged by the game, so accurately that it's clear I'm really bad at this! Yet that's the draw for me--I can get better, with analysis and practice. One great aspect of the game is the practice option before each swing. I can see how hard I'd hit the ball and see an arrow indicating the direction it would travel. A strobe-like snapshot series of images of my club indicates the angle and trajectory of my swing, so I can make adjustments based on that. Once I think I'm ready, I can switch to "address" mode by a single button press. Address mode looks no different except that my swing really counts this time. Even if I just tap the ball in this mode, the game counts it as one stroke, so I have to be ready and serious. Playing this game has helped me improve a lot of things already, and I have even been occasionally getting par or a couple birdies, though most of the time I'm still a bogey or double bogey away from average.


No comments:

Post a Comment