Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Visual Novel Art Previews (part 2)


The art backgrounds for a visual novel game are very important to the mood and setting. Often, the scope of a story in a visual novel is limited by the backgrounds, because the places the characters travel to need to be represented visually and background art is expensive. A sizable portion of the Solar Echoes visual novel occurs inside a starship, as the characters journey across the universe to different alien territories. I have worked closely with my background artist on getting the starship interior designs just like I've envisioned them, and she has done an incredibly impressive job at bringing my vision to life. There aren't many different rooms in the starship, so the crew will often be interacting with each other in the starship bridge, the crew quarters, and the cargo bay. Alexis Rill is the artist behind most of the backgrounds in the visual novel, and she brings a very realistic edge to her art style. I think it blends perfectly with the anime+realism blend I have in the characters and starships, and I'm excited to share it with you. Today, I'll share a tiny preview of the crew quarters, where the protagonist will be having a number of private conversations.


No comments:

Post a Comment