Thursday, March 7, 2019

Solar Echoes Visual Novel Setting (part 4)


I like imagining what a newcomer to the Solar Echoes game might wonder about, and after running countless game demos at conventions, I think I have a fair idea. Gamers often like to know the setting of the game they're playing, and I've found myself explaining in a few quick sentences the following details: The Solar Echoes races each discovered faster-than-light (FTL) speed technology around the same time, began exploring beyond their home planets, and eventually discovered each other. Some had peaceful exchanges and engaged in limited trade, while others responded with hostility and engaged in war. Eventually, the Interstellar Union was formed, and the ISU brought peace and unity among the races, though the Union Guard was established to keep that peace. Regarding the visual novel, I felt that the early portion of this time period was the perfect place to begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment