Monday, February 26, 2018

Update on Solar Echoes Video Comic (part 1)


I have all the voice parts in now! Each of the voice actors has sent me their lines in an audio file, and I've been working on putting together the different scenes. One scene, scene 5 (out of 30 scenes), was particularly long, about 3 pages of parts involving the voices of 8 of the 10 different characters, so I put that together first. Some of the voice parts needed some digital alteration to sound like the aliens they represent. For instance, character artist John Fell is acting the part of the Omul, Elsor, and Omuls speak telepathically, so I added in some reverb to simulate telepathic speech. The plant-like Erwani was tough to figure out, but when actor Chad Haarer sent me his voice part, I was able to alter it by copying and pasting his voice against the original two times, and then changing the pitches of these other two lines while altering the volume levels to balance. He ended up sounding very alien, but his speech and inflection is still clear and discernible. There will also be subtitles for everyone that speaks, in the JRPG storytelling comic style, which will help, but everything came out so well, it's easy to understand everyone without the text!

No comments:

Post a Comment