Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Japanese Anime and Solar Echoes (part 2)


The Cowboy Bebop anime was like nothing I'd seen before, with well-developed characters, excellent voice-acting, amazing style, and best of all, a science-fiction universe that was believable, characterized by a harsh, real-world feel. In a way, it felt somewhat like Firefly, and even though the characters were bounty hunters in Cowboy Bebop, it was similar to Firefly in that they survived from job to job, just trying to make their way in the universe. I was ready to try more anime, and it wasn't until years later that I'd realize how much Cowboy Bebop and other sci-fi anime helped shape the ideas I had that led to the design of Solar Echoes. I wanted even the art design of Solar Echoes to have an anime-like quality to it, and the Solar Echoes logo itself was inspired by the logo of sci-fi anime series Outlaw Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment