Friday, March 6, 2020

Voice Acting in a Visual Novel (5/5)


Regarding potential funding for partial voice acting, I've already been preparing for the possibility by scouting voice actresses. In order to accurately predict the cost, I've been talking with voice actresses that might fit the roles of the two female human characters. It has been a challenge in my search for one of the characters, an Asian woman named Kaori Tanaka. Kaori has a Japanese accent, and accents are challenging to maintain throughout even a few spoken sentences. Often, the focus on maintaining an accent interferes with the natural expression needed to convincingly act the lines. I am hopeful in my search, though, and if the campaign meets the stretch goal needed to fund partial voice acting, I will do my very best to cast an actress that really fits Kaori's character! I'll keep you posted on the launch date of the Kickstarter campaign, and if you want to be first in line to grab some of the limited, exclusive awards, subscribe to the monthly insider email list--they'll be the very first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment