Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Voice Acting in a Visual Novel (2/5)


The script for The Star Legation visual novel is over 900 pages long, which is over 300,000 words in length. Keep in mind, that number includes all the possible routes in this choice-based, branching path story. Recently, I've been collecting rate quotes from voice actors, and though rates vary, it is likely that the cost to have full voice acting for this game would be somewhere around $25,000 to $35,000. I've been creating and funding this game entirely by myself, paying talented artists for all the art assets I need to make the game while I've been writing the story, programming the game, and composing the music. Adding voice acting is a financial impossibility, unless I find some help. Tomorrow, I'll share my plans for the upcoming Kickstarter campaign...

No comments:

Post a Comment