Thursday, March 5, 2020

Voice Acting in a Visual Novel (4/5)


What do I mean by partial voice acting? Some visual novels (VN's) do something like this with short little comments made at the beginning of a dialogue phrase, such as, "Well," or "Uh huh!." Personally, I find this to be distracting and sometimes even irritating. Instead of this approach, I am hoping to raise enough crowdfunding support to pay for full voice acting for two characters. Before you decide this would be weird, I'll explain the context. The two human females in the game--which the protagonist (Trey) can develop romantic relationships with--both of these women interact only with Trey through long distance holographic calls to his private quarters. Having these ladies voice acted would make their conversations feel even more personal, and I'm hoping that hearing their voices would even help enhance the potential emotional bond the player might feel with these characters. The cost of funding only two members of the cast is much more realistic, so I'm hopeful that extra money can be raised in the upcoming Kickstarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment