Wednesday, February 6, 2019

VN: Dialogue Text Preference?


One thing I've been examining is the different styles out there for the dialogue text in a VN. I decided against the portrait-in-text-window and have a little raised tab on the left for the character name. However, I've been wondering about the text area itself...I've noticed that if I start the text on the far left with a small margin, and allow it to stretch all the way to the right with a small margin. It tends to take my eye away from the center of the screen where the character sprites are located. Some VN's clump their text together in the center of that large text window and keep it there, though it often rolls over to 3 or 4 lines of text. If I did this, I'd remove that little tab for the name on the left and bring the character name down inside the text area, positioning it to the left of the dialogue text. What do you prefer? (Example below does not include art from the actual game...just place-holder art)

No comments:

Post a Comment